Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More on my winter decorations....



We had our best friends over for New Year's Eve and had lots of fun eating (of course), drinking (a bit), and playing games! We started off playing the "Not So Newlywed Game" - we have all been married over 20 years - then progressed on to Guys against Gals Trivial Pursuit. The guys did beat the girls 2 games to 1 but in our defense they did get pie questions like "Who is Alvin, Simon, and Theadore?" and "What state is the Rio Grande River in?"...but I won't be a spoiled sport, they were the NYE Champs. We actually were all quite surprised when we realized it was after 1:30 am and we were all still awake, so I guess us old folks can party hardy on occasion!

I had lots of fun pulling together my tablescape with my newly scored post Christmas bargain winter decorations. I filled my "Dollar Tree" vases with the 'snow fruit & winter white pieces' from Michaels, put out my "DT" (I will have to use Dollar Tree over and over again, so I am now abbreviating it to DT) silver tinsel (that I bought to make cute cone-hatted people - but never found time for,)used my milar snow flakes (probably had those babies for 5 years in my scrap stash,)and incorporated my various other decorations from Christmases past. I lamented not having white dishes, but that is on my "To Score" list for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment