Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cozy Snow Day




It was wonderful spending the ENTIRE day Monday sitting by the fire in the library reading my favorite blogs. I have fantasized about having a day to do nothing but be cozy indoors while the weather roared on outdoors....and I must say, it was as amazing as I had imagined! (We got a couple inches of snow on Sunday.)

Here is a picture of my fireplace in the library with the fire blazing. I converted my mantle to "winter" from Christmas with just a few easy adjustments. I bought the snow covered fruit and white pearl picks at Micheals at the after Christmas sales. I used them in my New Year's Eve tablescape. (I will also post a picture of it.) I found the adorable skates last year at TJ Maxx after Christmas, but never quite got them to work with my Christmas decorations, so I was super pleased they worked for my winterscape.
I apologize ahead of time for not being very "blog savvy" so how the pictures get uploaded and controlling where they go in relation to text is still new to me. I will also post a closeup picture of my mantle so you can see the cute little birdies I also got on clearance at Micheals. So, I will now post this and then go and pull the other pictures and continue my post with them....






3 comments:

  1. It all looks so pretty...enjoy all that beautiful white stuff!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging and thanks for linking up! Your mantel is gorgeous and those ice skate stockings are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous! Love it all!!! I would love for you to link this up to the CSI project this week. The challenge is winter crafts and decor. This is perfect for it.
    The link party begins at midnight on Wednesday through Friday!!! You could win the top prize or the great giveaway.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    Smiles,
    Dee, the CSI Girl

    ReplyDelete