Thursday, January 13, 2011

Altered Bottles




Here is a picture of the bottles that I altered/decorated for Sherry & Terry (my Purple Sisters) this Christmas. I bought the bottles at Hobby Lobby but did not want them to appear "shiny" like new bottles do, so I painted them with a glitter glaze first. I then ripped up some of my antique hymnal pages and inked them with my Vintage Photo Distress Ink and attached them with Glossy Accents. I collaged several different pieces of music to form a "band" all the way around each bottle. I painted some antique lace with a champagne metallic paint and attached that around the neck of the bottle. I then layered on a piece of Prima swirl crystals and a Prima flower. I took a decorative brass button and wired it on. To finish it off I broke the back off of a pair of antique pearl earrings and attached them to the top of the cork and then to make the cork look pretty, I twisted a piece of crushed crepe ribbon around the cork base and tied it in a knot in front. I also placed a metal initial on the back of each (and "S" on Sherry's and a "T" on Terry's,) but you cannot see that in this shot.
I really love old, odd shaped bottles and have started collecting them when I go junkin'. I even saved the wine and booze bottles from New Year's Eve. I found a lot of gorgeous bottles when I googled altered bottles before I began the project, so I plan to make many more.
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment