Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's OK to be a Newbie (Chick)


I have to keep telling myself that we all start somewhere, that it is OK to be a Newbie at blogging and I can't expect my blog to start off with all the beautiful bells and whistles as my favorites have. I now know just how the Newbies in scrapbooking feel when they first dive in! I am lucky to be one of the "oldies" in that forum, and am constantly telling someone that they will catch on with a little time. Now, if I can only remember my own advice and have patience with myself as I wade off into this new delicious distraction.

Speaking of beautiful bells and whistles, I must mention one of my absolute favorite blogs: Common Ground. Debra has even posted her amazing space where she creates and you absolutely must go see it. She also hosts a blog party called Vintage Inspiration Friday that will also amaze and inspire you.


I originally got into blogs about 2 years ago when I began planning my kitchen remodel. Rather than constantly buying magazines for inspiration, I discovered I could find more (and better) inspiration online. One blog led to another blog and before I knew it I had fallen down the rabbit hole and was hooked. Since I was working and remodeling and had a busy life, I did not entertain the notion of starting one myself....well, I am happy to announce I just (this week in fact) retired from my full time job as Sales Rep in the scrapbook industry, so I decided blogging would be my first new addiction! (notice I said, "first?!!")

I can't wait to learn more about blogging and since most of my girlfriends know nothing about it, I will try and help them into this very fun hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment