Sunday, December 23, 2012

Purple Sister Christmas Lunch

My two best friends, Sherry & Terry, and I have been friends for almost 30 years! One of my favorite poems is "Warning" by Jenny Joseph. (If you are unfamiliar with it, see her read it on YouTube: Jenny Joseph reads her poem, "Warning.")  Long before the Red Hat Society ever started, I claimed this poem as my personal anthem and declared that the three of us were to forever be known as "The Purple Sisters." We strive really hard to 'wear purple' and live life to the fullest on our way to becoming 'crazy little old ladies!'


Every year we meet at our favorite tearoom (and Antique Mall) and have lunch and exchange Christmas presents. This year I decided that I needed to make the girls an Art Doll to commemorate our special day out. Above you see Sherry (on the left) and Terry with their Dolls peeking out of the purple "Sister" stocking I adorned their packages with.


We generally have a lot of on-lookers when we start opening our bounty of gifts, but this year - for the first time - we actually had them yelling at us to hold up our treasures when we got them unwrapped!


This adorable altered art piece was my gift from Terry. She got it from the lady that has our favorite booth at the Antique Mall (Dorothy of the Shabby Y.) It is an old mantel clock base with a rotary phone dial mounted in the middle. I loved it!


Terry received these gorgeous metal angel wings from Sherry - and then had to try them on for size! 


Sherry unwrapped these vintage ice skates adorned for Christmas - another great gift from Terry.


Even though we loved the presents, the gift we treasure the most is our amazing friendship!





1 comment:

  1. How neat, friends forever.....so rare and hard to find now-a-days! I bet that is fun meeting in the Tea Room and opening gifts :) I would be an on-looker wanting to know what ya got too! lol!

    hugs~
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete