Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Art Doll Exchange

My Character Constructions Yahoo Group just had a Holiday Art Doll Exchange. Over 40 women signed up to create an Art Doll for a fellow CC Yahoo Member. I had a lot of fun creating my Doll, "Mary XMas," but it was hard to ship her off to Lou Ann, my partner in the swap! I wanted my Doll to be able to stand up on her own, so I mounted her on a paper mache letter "A."


I usually use my art pencils to color my girls, but I decided to pull out my Copic markers and start using them. It is amazing how I can amass so many art tools and then fail to pull them out and use them! Of course the color was much more vibrant with the markers. The only thing I need to work on is "make-up." I don't own a good "blush" color Copic pen!


I freehand cut Mary her stocking hat and sewed on a tiny bell. I just love tinsel, so she definitely needed some on her hat!


I cut a hole in her skirt to display a vintage scene of Santa visiting sleeping children on Christmas Eve. This image and the paper used for her skirt are both from Graphic 45's Christmas line. The "Believe" chipboard embellishment is from an older Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas line.


I tucked a tag between the layers of her skirt with the "Night Before Christmas" story on it (also from Graphic 45.) I love reindeers and used one of my glitter Christmas ornaments as Mary's sidekick.
I try to always sign and date my pieces, so I was really tickled when I finished Mary on 12-12-12!


I wanted to make sure the back of the "A" was adorned, so I cut tiny little "postcard" images from another Graphic 45 paper. I love vintage images and collect vintage Christmas decorations, so Graphic 45 is a favorite of mine. I put a lot of love into Mary XMas and wished her well in her new home!



2 comments:

  1. Love Mary! So beautiful! Graphic 45 does have come cool papers, hope you had a Merry Christmas!!!
    hugs~~
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tiffany. I hope your Christmas was wonderful.

    All my best,

    your fan,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete