Monday, December 3, 2012

Fall Tag Swap

It goes without saying, I am a little behind in posting on my blog! But I really wanted to post about the Fall Art Dolls Tag Swap that I hosted with my Character Constructions Yahoo group. I love, love, love creating art dolls using Catherine Moore's paper doll stamp line called  Character Constructions . The ladies in our Yahoo group are AMAZING artists and we had 24 participate in this first swap. Last week I mailed all of the tags back to the gals and everyone seemed to really be happy with the quality of work that went into them. Above I have my "Fall Fairy" and before I mounted her on the tag, I sent the tag through my Tim Holtz embossing folder that looks like tree bark. Her headdress is made with birdseed.


To create her skirt, I first stamped the leaves with Luminarte water paint (3 fall colors) and then cut out and  "molded" their veins between my two thumbnails to create the raised effect similar to the wire you often see in silk leaves, then applied some Tim Holtz Distressed ink over the veins and finally curled up their edges and used a different ink to highlight their "underbellies." I secured the leaves to her skirt only with the metal brad she appears to be holding in her hands so they "floated" off the end of the tag. To make her wings, I used embossing ink on vellum and then used a black & silver embossing powder. I wanted her wings to look as real as possible. To finish it up I place the Autumn moon on the clock with a little pennant declaring that "Time flies." (Which I always feel in the fall...it seems to evaporate!)

I'm going to ask my fellow swappers if they would allow me to post some of their work here on my blog. Hopefully, I can show you some of their work.

I am currently hosting a Winter / Holiday Tag Swap and look forward to posting my art doll soon. I have been doing a lot of decorating around the house and would also like to find the time to put up some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute... I might have to get some of these doll stamps. Especially when Little Miss gets old enough to scrap with me. She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete